SFI - Swedish for immigrants
SFI is a basic education in the Swedish language for adults who do not have Swedish as their native language.
Who can study SFI?
You are entitled to apply for SFI if you:
- have national registration in Berg municipality
- have a permanent personal identity number
- are above 16 years old
- lacking basic knowledge of Swedish
If you are an EU/EES citizen or a Swiss citizen, you need to have right of residence (work, study) and live in Berg municipality.
We offer 4 courses at SFI. You will start in the study path that is suitable för you - depending on your earlier studies.
SFI 1 - Course A-D (in slow tempo)
- For those who have had no or little schooling. Students can with help understand clear, simple speech in concrete, daily situations.
SFI 2 - Course B-D (in middle tempo)
- For those who have had somewhat more schooling. Students can understand clear, simple speech in common situations in daily, societal and working life.
SFI 3 - Course C-D (in a fast tempo)
- For those who are used to studying. Students can understand clear speech in informal and more formal situations in daily, societal and working life.
Syllabus for SFI
The courses are free. SFI participants are not entitled to apply for study grants from CSN.
Apply through our e-services
Access our e-services by pressing the link below.
Or fill in the application form and send it by mail
Download the application form here Pdf, 103.9 kB, öppnas i nytt fönster. and send it to Bergs kommun.
You will find the address at bottom on this page.